1.11.2009

Bathrooms, Stick-shifts, and Milk

I was in a large department store, looking for the restroom. A sign pointed up, so I got on an escalator. As I was riding up the escalator, I noticed there were people on another escalator next to me. Their escalator ended, and mine kept going up. When I got off the escalator, I saw I had to go around and down to get to the restroom.

The people on the other escalator had beat me there. There was a long line inside the bathroom. When I finally got in front of the line, the girl behind me jumped in front of me. Then the end stall door opened, and she tried to push me in there. I got mad at her and yelled at her, because it was the stall noone wanted- a no-flusher. I went into another one instead.

There was this girl, who was new to the area, and we worked close to each other. I told her I could give her a ride, but the car had to be left at the house of the people I babysit for, because it was borrowed. I figured it should be no problem, because she only lived a couple blocks from there.

We went to work in the morning. When I finished up, I went to a family picnic. All of a sudden, I remembered I had to pick up this girl- I realized that carpooling wasn't such a great idea since we didn't finish work at the same time. I didn't even know what time she got done with work, and I was probably late.

I drove to the school she worked at. She was standing at a table outside, along with a lot of other people. I apologized, and asked how long ago she got done with work. She said, "Oh, only nine minutes ago, it's just fine." We went to the car. It was a red convertible with a stick shift. We realized neither of us could drive a stick shift. How would we get home?

A young man came by and told us he could drive it for us. I was skeptical, but it seemed like our only option. We stopped at a gas station to get some stuff. That guy decided to take a little joy ride while we were there. Luckily he picked us up again. We drove to the house I babysit at to bring them their car. We could see a big rainstorm moving in, so instead of going home, we went inside to visit for a while. While there, I remembered that it was raining, and we didn't put the top up on the convertible. Oops. That guy kept trying to make a pass at me, and it was really annoying, so I was glad to go home.

Later that evening, the dad of the house I babysit at stopped by. He was holding a box of groceries, and asked my husband a question about milk. My husband asked whether they get skim milk or whole milk, and proceeded to tell them that if they get whole milk, they can get a real deal on it at the liquor store. The guy was like "Oh, great." Then he proceeded to take our milk out of the fridge and he poured about half of it into his box of groceries, and then left.

No comments:

Post a Comment