2.15.2009

My sister's place, Italy

I was visiting my sister somewhere in the world. I had been swimming somewhere early in the morning, so when I came back I decided to take a shower. It was in the middle of the room, and suddenly people started coming in, so I grabbed my towel and went in the next room to dry off. When I came back, Some of my personal items had gotten left out on the floor, and some guys were laughing and asking me what they were for. I told them they were for my shoes, to make the soles more cushiony. They didn't seem like they believed me, but left it at that.

I was walking up a grassy alley, coming to my sister's again, and I noticed a whole bunch of easel's with sale tags sitting out, and realized that there was an art store on the other side. I went around to go look at the store, and bumped into some of my sister's friends. They wouldn't let me continue on to my sister's place, because supposedly she was coming down to meet them here. We went into a coffee shop/bakery. I was going to get a little scone, and I looked behind the counter and saw these little containers of tea and realized I was in Florence, Italy. Noone was talking in Italian though, and I realized that you really didn't need to worry about knowing Italian in Florence. This girl was buying my tea for me, but didn't want to buy my scone. She was stuttering trying to explain what kind of coffee she wanted, I tried to help her out, and the girl behind the counter says, "Oh, ok, we call that a gym coffee" I say in Italian "Hai?" or "You have that?" She stares at me for a minute, and then says "Yeah."

She brings out the gym coffee, and I tell her "Grazie." Then it is my turn. I am ordering a blackberry shake all of a sudden. She enters purple on her little ordering screen, and tells the guy behind the counter that purple will mean grape flavor this time. I know it's not what I want, but I don't bother correcting her. I am more focused on the fact that I have two ice cream cones in my purse- a sugar cone, and one shaped more like a cake cone. I am wondering whether they will take them for part of the payment, and if so, how much money they would give me for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment